The sharing economy in travel and tourism: experiences and social networking
The sharing economy has become a new socioeconomic system that allows the co-creation, production, distribution and consumption of goods and services between peers, driven by web 2.0 and electronic word of mouth. Being a topic of great relevance and social, territorial and economic relevance, this special session is proposed as a space to discuss the phenomenon of sharing economy in tourism and its relation with information and communication technologies (ICT) from different perspectives, and globally including all the stakeholders involved. It aims to highlight the new tourism experiences and social networking dynamics that are generated in relation to this phenomenon and their relationship with technology.
Accepted papers may include studies addressing the sharing economy in travel and tourism from both a supply and demand perspective, taking into account their relation with technology and the impact on destinations, on citizens, on labor market and on users’ behavior from any aspect of the tourism industry, such as accommodation, gastronomy, transportation, travel guiding, experiences and so on.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Supply and demand side perspectives in the sharing economy
- User-generated content in the sharing economy
- Big data analytics in the sharing economy
- ICT and Technological developments in the sharing economy
- Sociocultural impacts of the sharing economy
- Economic impacts of the sharing economy
- Business models in the sharing economy
- Competition to traditional businesses
- Entrepreneurship in the sharing economy
- Innovation in the sharing economy
- Satisfaction, trust and loyalty
- Tourism marketing in the sharing economy
- Regulations in the sharing economy
- Ethical issues in the sharing economy
- Labor in the sharing economy
All paper submissions should be prepared in Word or LaTeX according to Springer proceedings guidelines. The paper length should be up to 12 pages.
- Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=enter2021 (check the box for the special session when submitting).
- Submission closes: September 14, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: October 16th, 2020
- Deadline to resubmit revised version: October 30th, 2020
- Final acceptance: November 4th, 2020